Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Yesterday morning I got up early and went for a quick walk around the neighbourhood while Chad was getting ready.  I was hoping to find some breakfast, but instead found myself out of luck. On a Sunday morning in Munich the only things open are the occasional nut-filled pastry shop and the local Blumen (flower) store.

Likely these closures have something to do with this (this particularly nice looking church happens to be just around the corner from our guesthouse):


But it may be just as likely that this is evidence of another contributing factor:


I am the kind of person who likes to belong to a 24-hour gym, just in case I want to work out at midnight - even though my ideal bedtime is 9:30 pm and I'm usually up by 6 am.  This was a good reminder that the whole world doesn't operate on our fast-paced, North American 24/7 schedule.  And, more importantly, that if you want groceries. you better buy them on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment