Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our Visit to the Jersey Shore

Okay, it might not be the Jersey Shore, but Belgium does have its very own beach resort town called Oostende.  It's about a fifteen minute train ride from Bruges, so Chad and I figured we would check it out and dip our toes in the North Sea while we were at it.

Of course the town has a lovely cathedral, seen here through this ship.


Is this ship served with almonds?  I dislike that very much.


The town is equipped with many, many hotels, shops, and restaurants.  I can only imagine how packed it gets in the summer when the weather is nice.  Reinhold Messner would probably eat here if he came to town:


I think this ship is used to set up wind farms out in the North Sea.  Unfortunately the signs were in Flemish so we couldn't decipher exactly what was going on.


This beach appears to be under construction...


As a result, there are many, many things you can't do on it.


Chad goes for a wade in the chilly North Sea!  (Come on, you didn't really think that I was going to put my feet in that icy water, did you?)


And then obliges to fulfill my request that he write our names in the sand.


All in all, a fun little trip from Bruges!


No comments:

Post a Comment