Saturday, June 30, 2012

Riding the TGV

My Mom and I arrived in Vancouver safe and sound last night, but before I get into to that, let me finish off with our adventures in the south of France.  On Monday we took a TGV from Paris to Marseille, and then another from Marseille to Nice.  (Note: You can take a TGV directly from Paris to Nice.  The short reason that we made a change is that raileurope.ca sucks.  The long answer is available upon request).

This was my first TGV ride and my Mom's first big train travel day.  I have to say that travelling along at 300 km/hour is pretty impressive.  The scenery goes by so quickly it's almost nauseating at times (in a good way!) and you pass traffic on freeways as if it is standing still.

A few shots from our travel day.

Ready to go!

The nice view from the Marseille train station when we popped out during our quick stopover.

Where is that train anyway?
We covered the 783 kilometres from Paris to Marseille in just under four hours, and then it was another 2 and a half hours on a slower track to Nice.  Not bad for a day's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment