Thursday, June 21, 2012

All... By... Myself... En Paris

With Chad gone, I had just over 24 hours of Paris to myself.  I didn't get up to much that was exciting, but I did discover the insanely awesome La Grande Epicerie de Paris at the Bon Marche where I bought myself an amazing picnic brunch.  Those who know me won't be surprised I also did a fair bit of wandering through bookstores.

Chad and I spent the past 10 weeks together pretty much 24/7, so I wondered how weird it would feel to be all by myself.  The short answer?  Not at all, which is kind of weird in itself.

Anyway, the fun really started when my Mom got here last night, so I'll just share a few shots from my day(s) alone.

The view from my hotel room - a rough neighbourhood, as was easy to identify when I spotted the Baby Lacoste down the street.

The famous Shakespeare and Co!  I could have spent many dollars there, if I had any.

The Canadian version of Shakespeare and Co.  Apparently serves coffee flavoured with maple syrup, but the guy working there couldn't muster up so much as a 'hello' for me so I didn't get to try it out.  Not that I really think I would have wanted to.

This one is for Chad.  That's all.

Break time in the Jardin du Luxembourg.  I could spend weeks in the reclining chairs there.  So comfortable!  Plus it was right across the street from my hotel.

1 comment:

  1. I found the reclining chairs could have used headrests :)

    ReplyDelete